Have Your Say: Budget 2017-18
At New Westminster Schools, we are preparing our Annual Budget for the 2017/18 fiscal year.
Our budget supports instruction, student services, maintenance, administration, and other key services. We also offer a broad range of educational programs.
Our district is primarily funded by the BC Ministry of Education and is obligated to ensure the educational needs of students are met within a balanced budget, as required by the School Act.
Take our Survey…
The Board of Education invites all community members to share their views on what they would like to see as the school district’s educational priorities for the coming year. We hope you will take the time to fill out the survey linked here, and share your thoughts with us. You will find information about the four key principles that form the basis of our district’s educational priorities in our document Teaching and Learning in Diverse Classrooms. These four themes are:
- Engagement and personalized learning
- Social and emotional well-being
- Communicating student learning
- Use of technology as a transformational educational tool
We welcome your feedback….
We welcome your feedback and thoughts on these key principles or any other items you feel should be reflected in the budget. We invite you to consider a broad range of priorities that are relevant to you and your child (i.e. literacy, numeracy, social responsibility, school facilities, technology).
The survey will be available throughout March. All feedback we receive will be compiled and shared with the Board of Education in April.
We value your input as we seek to ensure wise, efficient, effective, and equitable use of resources.
- 2017-18 Budget Process – Timelines submitted to the Board of Education at the January 31, 2017 Open Board Meeting. (See Agenda)
- 2017-18 Budget Assumptions submitted to the Board of Education at the February 28, 2017 Open Board Meeting. (See Agenda)