Fuel Up! Lunches – new provider, same great program
We have great news for everyone who orders easy, affordable (or free) and tasty meals through our Fuel Up! Lunch Program: our new providers at The Lunch Lady are ready to start setting up accounts and taking your orders!
We think you’ll find their ordering system easy and approachable: with the ability to quickly flip between days, a clean and visual design that lets you easily add options to your cart, and food options to serve a wide range of dietary needs.
Lunch deliveries will start on Tuesday, September 19th, so we encourage you to apply (for families applying for subsidies) or set up your new accounts now!
Things everyone needs to know before getting started
- We’ll send you reminders throughout the year, but orders must be submitted at least 2 business days ahead of time. For example, the first day for lunches will be Tuesday September 19th, so all orders for that day must be submitted by 12pm on Friday September 15th.
- If your child has any food allergies or specific dietary needs, please complete an allergy form and email it us: email@example.com
- If your child is going to be sick or away, please email us to cancel your food order by noon the day before. Otherwise, the lunch will still be sent to the school where you can contact the office to let them know you will pick it up or let the school staff know if they can offer the lunch to another hungry child that day.
For families applying for subsidies
Because we are moving over to a new system and caterer, we will need to ask that all families who require subsidies re-apply this year (if you haven’t already done so). If you are applying for a confidential subsidy – reviewed by your school’s Principal, approved by the district – we ask that you fill in the application form here: https://forms.office.com/r/H48muzT3pM
*Subsidy info is only ever shared with Principals, one secretary at the school, limited district staff and the catering team, to ensure that your privacy is respected and that most staff and students never know who is receiving a subsidy and who is ordering a paid meal. This is all part of how we keep this program stigma-free
Once approved, your new account information and the ordering instructions will be emailed directly to you, using the contact information you’ve provided in your application. Please do not follow the process below, as that account will not have the correct subsidy information applied to it.
Have questions or need help about applying for a subsidy? You can find more information here: https://newwestschools.ca/programs-services/fuel-up/subsidies/ or email the New Westminster Schools team here: firstname.lastname@example.org
For families setting up a new paid account
Create Your Account:
- Visit the Lunch Lady order site: order.lunchlady.ca
- Select Register in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on Create Account.
- Enter all of the required information (name, email, password) and select Create My Account.
- Complete your Account Profile and select Next.
Setup Your Customers:
- Select the green Add button to set up your first child (the Lunch Lady team calls them “customers” 😊 ).
- Enter the required information (Name, School, Division) and click on the green button to Save. Repeat the process to add additional children to your account.
*Please note that the local franchise we’re working with uses a Canadian built tool that includes other locations across the country. All New Westminster schools can be found by looking for “ *FuelUp! “ and then the school name and city listed after.
How to Order:
- From the Order Calendar, select Place Order to view the menu items available for that day. To add a meal to your order, enter the quantity you wish to order and Add to Cart. Once an item has been successfully added to your order, a green cart icon will appear. Use the Previous and Next buttons to move from one day to the next or select Switch Date to return to the main calendar view.
*If you have more than 1 child registered in the program, select the student you wish to order for from the drop-down menu at the top of the Order Calendar.
- Before submitting your order you will need to review it to confirm the details are correct. To view your order click on the cart icon in the top right corner of the screen. If you need to make a change to an item in the cart, remove the old item by clicking on the red garbage can icon. Confirm that you wish to remove this item by selecting OK. Don’t forget to return to the order calendar and select a new option for that.
- When you are ready to complete your order you will be promoted to enter your credit card information if it has not already been stored on your account. Enter your payment information and select Process Payment. You will receive a confirmation message on the screen that your order has been confirmed.
Have questions or need help with setting up your account or ordering? Email the team at The Lunch Lady directly at email@example.com
We’re excited to be rolling out this same important program, with our new partners at The Lunch Lady.
Thanks for eating and learning with us!
- The New Westminster Schools team