Introducing the Tweedsmuir After School Studio
Tweedsmuir After School Studio is an exciting new pilot project funded by the New Westminster Board of Education. Featuring 24 child care spaces, the program is open to Kindergarteners and Grade 1 students and is held in a Kindergarten classroom.
Tweedsmuir After School Studio is currently anticipated to start September 2024.
The program team consists of highly-qualified staff that include:
- Two early childhood educators.
- One educational assistant.
This arrangement means we work with a lower child-to-staff ratio, ensuring we meet each child’s individual needs.
The program is guided by the Ministry of Education and Child Care Early Learning Framework.
- Tweedsmuir After School studio is open during after school hours, Monday to Friday, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The program is closed during spring break, Christmas break, summer break, statutory holidays, Non-Instructional Days, and on other school closure days (e.g., snow days).
- Program fees will be subject to the District being approved for the Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative. In addition, families may also qualify for the Affordable Child Care Benefit.
- The application is on-going.
- If the program is full by the time you apply, we will automatically add your application to our waitlist.
- Staff will reach out to the parent/caregiver contact listed in the application with offers for spots in the program and information on how to register.
- Kindergarten-age children will receive priority followed by Grade 1 students.