Programs & Services - District Library Resources - Overview
Welcome to our District Libraries Resources Pages
Each school in the New Westminster Schools district has a library staffed by a teacher-librarian. These spaces have long been home to books that extend students’ knowledge of the curriculum or promote their love of reading. You may hear your school library referred to as a Learning Commons. This term reflects the shift in libraries towards becoming places where students work, collaborate, build and share as well as the home of carefully curated digital and text information.
To navigate the Library section of this website, click on the pages to the left to access the following:
- School Catalogs will take you to a page with links to each school’s search catalog. A library catalog allows students and parents to search for materials (books, kits, digital items) available in the school library.
- ERAC Databases are groups of online digital resources for students to use. An example of a database is World Book or National Geographic Kids. These databases can help students with homework or with just searching for interesting material. There are databases for all age groups.
- Tumblebooks links to a site filled with online books, including books that will read to you!
- Discovery Education is a streaming services subscribed to by our district. Discovery Education contains thousands of videos, written documents, images, audio files and interactives designed to help students learn concepts.
- Idéllo is a French streaming site specifically meant for French Immersion students and teachers. It contains videos, links to lesson materials and so much more!
*Some of these resources require a password. Your child might have these passwords on a label affixed to the inside cover of their school planner. If you need a copy of these passwords, please feel free to email our district teacher-librarian at email@example.com.