Fuel Up! Subsidy
Eating healthy food helps children to do better in school.
To ensure that no child goes hungry, and every child eats healthy while at school, subsidies are available to families through Fuel Up!
Subsidies can be used toward the purchase of ONE hot or cold entrée, per school day, per child.
Interested in learning more about applying for support to help your child and family? Need help to help bridge a short-term gap or to provide more stability throughout the year? Please read the below section to see if you qualify for a subsidy. Or scroll to the bottom to apply for a subsidy now!
Does my family qualify for a subsidy for the school nourishment program?
The student(s) you are applying for must be enrolled at one of our elementary or middle schools, or at the POWER or RCAP Programs.
Typical reasons for requests
- Loss of job (regular income)
- Low or limited income
- Parent or caregiver attending school
- Parent or caregiver is participating in an employment program
- Living with a medical condition that interferes with your ability to work or care for your child
- You have been referred by the Ministry of Children and Family Development or a social worker.
(See below this form for more FAQs around this program)