Click this link to see the below in a downloadable PDF: Who is part of a School Based Team (SBT)
Who is part of the School-Based Team?
A School-Based Team is a group of staff within each school who meet on a regular basis to problem solve, make suggestions and referral for supports.
Who is on a School-Based Team?
- Principal and/or Vice-Principal
- Learning Support Teacher – LST
- School counsellor
- Classroom teacher
Additional members may include:
- School District Psychologist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- School District Behaviour support staff
- Student/Family advocate or support person
- Outside agency staff (CLBC, private counsellor)
“A School-Based Team is an on-going team of school-based personnel which has a formal role to play as a problem-solving unit in assisting classroom teachers to develop and implement instructional and/or management strategies and to coordinate support resources for students with special needs within the school.”
– Special Education Services: A Manual of Policies, Procedures and Guidelines (BC Ministry of Education, 2016)