Parent guide to Inclusive Education - Problem solving

What do I do if I have a concern about my child’s educational program?

It is always our goal to work with parents in the best interests of our students. Often issues that come up are the result of miscommunication. Please let us know right away if you have any concerns so we may work together to address them. We want to keep the lines of communication open. We value our relationship with you.

Step 1: Contact the Classroom Teacher or contact the Learning Support Teacher

Step 2: Contact the Vice-Principal or contact the Principal

Step 3: Contact the Director of Instruction for Learning Services: 604-517-6369 (

In the rare circumstance where your concerns have not been adequately addressed, Board of Education Policy 13 Appeals Bylaw recognizes the right of a parent or student to appeal any decision of an employee of the Board which significantly affects the education, health or safety of the student.

Details of the appeal process may be found on the district website at: under Policy 13.



Parent Guide to Inclusive Education, Navigation

Next: Section H: Communication FAQs

Or return to the overview page for more:

Highlights at New Westminster School District 40

Good Things are Happening: 2020-21 in review

Good Things are Happening: 2020-21 in review

It was a remarkable year, to say the least. Take a few minutes to see all we were able to achieve together. more

Outdoor Covered Play and Learning Centres at four schools

Outdoor Covered Play and Learning Centres at four schools

These new spaces are immediately providing students and staff greater ability to learn outside ... and they're a great long-term investment in supporting our schools. more

A tale of three (award winning) teachers

A tale of three (award winning) teachers

Celebrating the achievements, as recognized by three outside organizations, of some of the amazing teachers who work in New Westminster: Carmen Woo, Kristie Oxley and Barb Paul. more

Translate »