Surveys: Programs of Choice Review
In September District staff and the Board of Education decided to embark on a review of some of our District’s Programs of Choice opportunities. That process has been in the works for a few months, under the leadership of both an outside consultant and district staff. The Programs of Choice that are currently being reviewed are: French Immersion (early, late and secondary immersion), Montessori and the Home Learners Program.
The educational review of these programs will allow us to gain insight into the strengths, gaps and future opportunities, as we look at how we can best serve the current and future needs of this growing and evolving community. The review process will be focused on improving practice, guided by research, informed by stakeholder engagement and aligned with our District’s strategic plan.
This review will include a combination of surveys, data collection and analysis, stakeholder meetings, focus groups, and targeted individual interviews.
We currently have the surveys open to various parent and caregiver, staff and student groups within the community! We would really appreciate it if you can take 3-5 minutes to complete the below survey that best represents your relationship to our school community.
All surveys are anonymous and confidential. Please use the below links to access the survey that represents your relationship to our school community:
- Parents and caregivers who have a child enrolled in French Immersion, who is currently in Kindergarten to Grade 8: https://forms.office.com/r/rUarcnvL2q
- Parents and caregivers who have a child enrolled in French Immersion, who is currently in Grades 9-12: https://forms.office.com/r/Tt9iQM6Yt8
- Parents and caregivers who have a child enrolled in Montessori: https://forms.office.com/r/ZEynMJdhYw
- Parents and caregivers who have a child enrolled in the Home Learners Program: https://forms.office.com/r/6MDNbxhRHj
- All other parents, caregivers and community members can use this survey for the general community: https://forms.office.com/r/vYy4a6BXka
Staff will be sent links to surveys created specifically to meet their needs. Students in grades 5 and higher who are enrolled in a Program of Choice will be engaged through their school.
These surveys will close on Sunday March 19th, 2023.
Thoughts and feedback on the Programs of Choice that are being reviewed can also be sent via email to email@example.com
A final report and recommendations will be shared with the Board of Education in Fall of 2023 – with that timeline meaning there will be no significant changes made for the 2023-24 school year, and any possible changes that may be considered would be for the 2024-25 school year or later.
We really appreciate your time and the insights you can share with us. Thank you.
- The New Westminster Schools team