About Us - Learner Success
Enhancing Learner Success in New Westminster Schools
We are excited to share our story of continuous improvement with our community.
“Enhancing Learner Success in New Westminster: Our Data Story” provides information about who our students are, how they are doing, and how student survey and student achievement data are used.
This data provides valuable information that contributes to our school and district planning processes that support continuous improvement.
When you read “Enhancing Learner Success in New Westminster: Our Data Story,” you will discover:
- Areas of strength and growth
- The initiatives that we are putting into place to support growth and learning
Our story is presented in four parts:
We look forward to sharing our evolving story each year as we continue to work on initiatives that will support all learners in New Westminster Schools.
School Learning Plans
Each of our schools and programs has developed a school learning plan identifying key areas for improvement—along with specific goals and strategies that will enhance student success.
Schools are identifying the springboards they need to support student achievement in ways that are “authentic, dynamic and driven by the community rather than by a template,” says Superintendent Karim Hachlaf. For each school, the journey is different – depending on its unique strengths, and its answer to the question: what kind of school do we hope to be?
“What impresses me is the range, flexibility and customization I am seeing in each school community,” Hachlaf notes. “It’s different for each, it’s innovative, and it’s a culture shift from the traditional way of doing things.”
You can find your school’s learning plan under “About Us – Learner Success” on your school’s website. The plans are also listed below.
- Connaught Heights Elementary School
- École Qayqayt Elementary School
- F.W. Howay Elementary School
- École Herbert Spencer Elementary School
- Lord Kelvin Elementary School
- École Tweedsmuir Elementary School
- Queen Elizabeth Elementary School
- Richard McBride Elementary School
- Home Learners Program at Hume Park
- Power Alternate Secondary School
- Royal City Alternate Program
- New West Online Learning (Virtual School BC)