New Westminster Schools offers the SIGMA PROGRAM, an academic program located inside New Westminster Secondary School and available to students from 16 to 18 years of age. We offer flexible programming in an academic setting, smaller class sizes, and continuous enrollment with a wide variety of courses in preparation for Grade 12 graduation (Dogwood Diploma). Out of District students are accepted.
We are located at:
820 Sixth Street, New Westminster BC V3M 3S9
School Learning Plan
Here is our School Learning Plan Sigma 2021 – 2022.
- Core courses offered are English 10, Apprenticeship Math 10 and 11, Planning 10, PE 10, Science 10, Socials 10, Biology 11, English 11, Apprenticeship Math 11, PE 11, Socials 11 and English 12
- Other Grade 10, 11 and 12 electives also offered
- Opportunity to take a variety of courses at New Westminster Secondary School
- A new and exciting approach to your education
- Flexibility in your schedule
- Flexible time tables to accommodate your needs
- Program tours available
- Smaller class sizes
- Extra-curricular such as graduation ceremonies, sports, drama and music
- One-on-one teacher support
- Field trips and activities
To Ensure Success, Our Goal is to Help You
- Graduate and continue your education
- Develop self-discipline and time-management skills
- Choose a career path
- Make learning a positive experience
- Become successful in a friendly educational environment
- Caring, qualified teachers
- Career counselling, Personal counselling and Post-Secondary counselling on site
- Youth care worker on site
- Grade 12 Dogwood Diploma
- A wide variety of Grade 10, 11 and 12 courses
- Ongoing registration throughout the school year
- An academic environment
- Two semesters per year
- Structured student programs on an individual basis
- Scholarship/Bursary and Passport to Education Dollars available for Post-Secondary
- Sigma will help you develop and fulfill your academic, personal and career goals.
Here is our SIGMA Calendar 2021-2022.
Here is our SIGMA Calendar 2022-2023.