Resources - Parent Resources & Learning - Parents' Night Out
Parents’ Night Out
Welcome! The Parents’ Night Out (PNO) Committee has been offering free, high quality education nights for parents and caregivers in New Westminster since 2007. Our goal is to gather information about issues affecting children and youth and recruit experts in the field to educate families.
The PNO Committee is normally made up of representatives from:
- District Parent Advisory Council
- Fraser Health
- New Westminster Police Department
- New Westminster School District
*Some changes to the committee in 2020/2021 year have been made, do to challenging schedules and coordination.
In light of the limitations around COVID-19, the regular schedule of four events a year is being modified.
- What: Clinical Counsellor Suzanne Vardy and Teacher-Educator and Coach Mariam Miller joined New West parents as they discussed the impact COVID is having on social connections and our emotional resources … offering parents tips and practical strategies on how to better support their kids and themselves through a challenging time.
- When: February 4th, 2021 – 6:30-8 pm
- With thanks to our expert presenters who agreed to let us record and share the session, to support any parents who missed it, you can watch the session below.