Resources - Parent Resources - Parents' Night Out
Parents’ Night Out
Welcome! The Parents’ Night Out (PNO) Committee has been offering free, high quality education nights for parents and caregivers in New Westminster since 2007. Our goal is to gather information about issues affecting children and youth and recruit experts in the field to educate families.
The PNO Committee is normally made up of representatives from:
- District Parent Advisory Council
- Fraser Health
- New Westminster Police Department
- New Westminster School District
*Some changes to the committee in 2020/2021 year have been made, do to challenging schedules and coordination.
In light of the limitations around COVID-19, the regular schedule of four events a year is being modified.
Nurturing emotional resilience and well-being for ourselves and our children
(click above link/event title for more information on the evening and the presenters)
- What: Join Clinical Counsellor Suzanne Vardy and Teacher-Educator and Coach Mariam Miller as they discuss the impact COVID is having on social connections and our emotional resources … offering parents tips and practical strategies on how to better support their kids and themselves through a challenging time.
- When: February 4th, 2021 – 6:30-8 pm
- Platform: This event will be hosted on Zoom, with registered participants being emailed the link
- Register here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/nurturing-resilience-and-well-being-for-ourselves-and-our-children-tickets-133403345999