News & Events
Kindergarten and new student registration for 2022-23
As we continue to hone and improve the way we welcome new students and families into our District, we have made some changes to our registration process and timelines, affecting the 2022-23 school year.
The below outlined information is only for families who are registering new students to the district for the 2022-23 school year (e.g. younger siblings starting kindergarten next September). If your child(ren) already attends one of our schools or programs, this message does not apply to you.
One of the new changes is to the registration window. We will be accepting new registrations for the 2022-23 school year from November 1, 2021 to January 28th, 2022. Appointments are required to submit your application, but are open for online booking 14 business days in advance … which means you will be able to book your appointment for November 1st or later, starting as soon as Monday.
As long as you register within the above regular registration window, your timing will not determine placement – so if you’re having trouble finding an appointment time within the busier first few weeks, you don’t need to worry.
Again, due to COVID-19 protocols, we can not accept walk-in appointments to register. Here’s the process and what you need to know to register a new student:
- To register, parents or caregivers can either:
- Book a 5 minute appointment with our Registration Team, where you bring a completed registration form and the documents outlined in the Document Guide for Parents and Caregivers.
- Or book a 15 minute appointment with our Registration Team, where you bring the documents outlined in the Document Guide for Parents and Caregivers, and the team will help you print, photocopy and complete all required paperwork.
- If for any reason you do not have the documents suggested within the guide, we would be happy to have a confidential conversation with you to see if there is another solution.
- If you need support of a translator for your registration appointment, please let us know in advance and we will do our best to see if there is someone within our new Welcome Centre team who can support you through your pre-arranged appointment time.
- To book your appointment to register, you can use this link, starting on Monday, October 18th: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/RegistrationsCalendar@sd40.bc.ca/bookings/
PLEASE REMEMBER: We can not accept registrations for the upcoming year before the window opens. Please ensure you book your appointment for November 1st or later if you are registering a new student for the 2022-23 school year.
More information on registration, including the forms and guides, can be found here: https://newwestschools.ca/our-schools/registration/registration-information-forms/
When it is time for your appointment, please note that the Registration Team works out of the new Welcome Centre, located at New Westminster Secondary School (accessible via an exterior entrance on the South side of the building, at 820 6th Street, New Westminster).
Applications for Programs of Choice will be available online from 9am on January 17th to 4pm on February 11th. More information about those options will be provided closer to those dates.
We look forward to new opportunities to connect with your family!